During one of the earlier visits, I was told to stay away from herbal medicines like pak zan, dong guai and other chinese herbs. That also includes one of my favourite dish, Bak Kut Teh, which I use to cook quite often as I always buy the herbal packs and cook with the slow cooker as I work the whole day in the office. Now... looks like I have to change my soup menus.
I was also told that raw food is a No as well.. which means, no more sushi, sashimi (which I love the most) and half boiled eggs (which I have just recently master the skill of perfecting it). Caffeine is a no as well, therefore, no more daily dose of coffee, no more Coke as well.
As the list of food joins the "NO" list, I have start to think of food that I should be eating that is good for my own body and doesn't affect my chances of success. Google has been giving me lots of answers as well, and one fine day, a relative told me, I shouldn't take "cold" food such as barley, watermelon, cendol and etc. There at that very moment, I felt what the heck?!! Now more food is joining the "NO" list. It seems that these "cold" food will weaken my uterus. I wasn't quite satisfied with the answer, so off I googled for it... and that seems to be quite true as according to TCM. Western medicine never believe in that. My husband was quite happy as he have been telling me to stay away from the "cold" food as well (note, my husband is my disciplinary guide, he restricts me of all the "NO" food which no matter how I beg him to bring me for one last time of sashimi, the answer is a big fat NO). So the conclusion, no more "cold" food as well, which means no more cendol, no more watermelon and cold water.
Since there is quite a lot of food in the "NO" list, what can I eat, and eat healthy? Actually, there are still quite a lot of proteins and vegetables I still can cook, including warm soups as well. So actually is not so bad after all, apart from the restrictions. But one big question which I have yet to get the answer from Google, is vegetable juice consider "cold"? Cos personally, I feel vegetable juice is yummy, like the one I just had this morning, carrot, celery and cucumber juice. But anyhow, I will reduce the intake until I find a definite answer.
So as my IVF journey begins, I too have learnt a lot on what you eat will have impact on your body. And with God's help, hopefully, I am doing things right.
No comments:
Post a Comment